- Credit/Debit Card
Betfair is the original betting exchange which was first launched in June 2000 by Andrew (Bert) Black and Edward Wray. Since then the exchange has grown into the multi-national behemoth it is today.
For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, at a betting exchange you place wagers against other punters rather than a bookie - often resulting in better odds than you would get with a traditional sportsbook. The exchange then charges the person who placed the winning bet a commission of 5%.
As well as the betting exchange, Betfair have an online casino (featuring a handful of zero-house edge games) and poker room.
Betfair Welcome Bonus
New Betfair customers can claim a £20 no lose bet and up to £1,000 in cashback which is based on your activity on the exchange during your first 30 days. This offer replaces the previous £25 free bet and offers much better value to anyone who intends on placing multiple bets.
Other Promotions at Betfair
Betfair also run a number of promotions and challenges throughout the month including:
- Tennis Bonus: Get a 10% boost on winnings from successful multiple bets on specific tennis events.
- Mega Minute: Predict the time of the first goal at a specified football game and win up to £1,000.
Please note: Offers change frequently. The promotions listed were correct at time of writing but may have been replaced with alternate offers in the time since.
- Rewards Program: The rewards program at Betfair all centers around the commission you pay on the exchange. The more commission you pay, the more points you earn and the more points you have, the less commission you pay. The standard commission paid on a winning bet is 5% which can be reduced by up to 60% for the most active punters.
- Live Streaming: At Betfair Live Video you can watch streams from ATR and RUK as well as sporting events such as football, tennis, horse racing, snooker and basketball! To watch an events stream you must have a minimum of £2 matched on the exchange.
- Mobile Betting: Betfair have mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices - giving you quick and easy access to the exchange.
Betfair have been at the top of pile when it comes to betting exchanges since their introduction back in 2001. Since then the site has gone on to become a real powerhouse within the betting industry. The sites backbone has come in form of its awesome design. The current layout is still in its Beta phase but most, if not all users are enjoying the layout – even with the option of flicking back to the previous design.
The site looks ultra-cool under its new layout and whilst at first feels like there’s a lot going on, it’s actually simple to navigate too. The sidebar works particularly well and changes depending which market you are on. It does allow you to easily either flick back to where you were or jump on ahead to different markets.
The integration of their live streaming section is without doubt one of the best going. The depth of sports include football, horse racing, tennis, cricket, rugby, golf and loads more on top of that. Once more, you can integrate the market of the game you are watching to make in-play betting that bit easier to follow. The inclusion of matches and even sports that aren’t on mainstream television channels make it an essential tool for a variety of bettors.
Market coverage from Betfair has to be one of the biggest in the industry. It’s staggering to see how many sports they cover and then how many markets are on offer for each sport. The likes of football and horse racing definitely rule of the roost, but there are very few sports that don’t have comprehensive market coverage.
The addition of their mobile section is also very impressive. As Betfair continue to offer products to bettors such as fixed price betting, multiples and their new cash out feature, Betfair have conjured up specific apps for each of these. They obviously have their main app for the backing and laying side of the game, but independent apps for multiples betting and also live betting markets as well. Whilst some punters would prefer just to have them ‘all under one roof’, it does actually make each app easier to function and the addition of a couple more apps certainly doesn’t put any strain on your smartphone.
It’s very easy to see why Betfair have become such a big player in the betting industry. It’s like a one- stop-shop for all things betting and there is literally nothing they don’t cover now. Not only do you get your backing and lay features, but you get the best of both worlds with fixed odds meaning they act as a more traditional bookmaker as well.
Bet By Sport
Latest Betting Posts
- Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich Betting Tips - Saturday 25th May 2013
- Newcastle v Arsenal Betting Tips - Sunday 19th May 2013
- Manchester City v Wigan Athletic Betting Tips - Saturday 11th May 2013
- Liverpool v Everton Betting Tips - Sunday 5th May 2013
- Arsenal v Manchester United Betting Tips - Sunday 28th April 2013